WED. 10/7 PORGIES&BLACKFISH STRIPERS FRI. 10/9
FISHING TOMORROW, PORGIES & BLACKFISH , MOST LIKELY.
STRIPERS STARTING FRIDAY 10/9
BACK IN THE HARBOR THIS MORNING, TRIP OVER NOT BAD, LOOKS LIKE THINGS ARE SETTLING DOWN A BIT. WE ARE GOING TO GIVE IT ONE MORE DAY, SO WE WILL SAIL ON WEDNESDAY 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM FOR PORGIES AND BLACKFISH. SWITCHING TO STRIPERS ON FRIDAY.
ACCEPTING MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ON THE BOAT-- NO ADVANCE PURCHASE NECESSARY
OCTOBER 4 UPDATE
Two weeks and counting, with the exception of 1 day, we have not been out fishing for 2 weeks, but that is the least of our worries!! You know the saying "beauty is only skin deep", while that is the Atlantic Highlands Marina. Any blow out of the NE is problematic, especially in my slip, but this continuous wind with gusts over 35 mph can cause serious damage to the boat. So add that to the threat of a hurricane hitting NJ and you have to make decisions within a narrow window and I was fortunate enough that my nephew had a safer spot for me in Staten Island. Some boats hauled out, others could not find spots and had to remain in the Harbor, but all seem to have weathered the storm, even though they spent many hours on their boats. Many hours, many dollars, and definitely many sleepless nights, but we all made it through!! Checking the weather every couple of hours to decide when to return to the Harbor, probably Monday or Tuesday, not sure yet. Looking to the end of the week before the seas will calm down enough to be fishable. Check back for updates
ACCEPTING MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ON THE BOAT-NO ADVANCE TICKET PURCHASE
WHERE ARE ALL THE FISHERPERSONS?
Well, the weather kept us at the dock for all but 1 day last week and now on the 2 most beautiful sunny warm "summer" days of this week (90 degrees right now), we are still at the dock due to a total lack of Angler Participation in the Atlantic Highlands Harbor!!!! I don't get it, the ocean has settled down, the weather is gorgeous and the porgies are biting, and yet where are the fisherpersons? Now that we are fishing 3/4 day there is enough time to do some serious fall fishing, and yet "no shows". We will give it another try tomorrow, Wednesday, hopefully the rain will hold off. As of Thursday, the window of opportunity will close as the weather forecast for the rest of the week is a washout, rain, winds and heavy seas, so I am hoping to sail on Saturday, but Sunday looks more promising. Check back later in the week for an update.
ACCEPTING MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ON THE BOAT - NO NEED TO PURCHASE TICKETS IN ADVANCE
FISHING WILL NOT BE AN OPTION BEFORE TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY OF NEXT WEEK, AND THAT IS IF WE DON'T GET HIT BY HURRICANE JOAQUIN. CHECK BACK SOON FOR UPDATES. BE SMART, BE SAFE !
IT'S PORGY TIME
SAILING MONDAY, 9/28 AND EVERY DAY FOR PORGIES AND BLACKFISH. THE BOAT LEAVES THE DOCK AT 7:30 AM AND GETS BACK AROUND 2:30 PM. THE FARE IS $65, SENIORS $60 AND CHILD (UNDER 12 YRS) $35. CLIMB ABOARD AND GET IN ON SOME FINE FALL FISHING. PORGY REGULATIONS 50 FISH AT 9", BLACKFISH 1 AT 15" TIL 11/15 THAN 6 AT 15". SEA BASS OPENS 10/22 15 FISH AT 12.5".
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, ACCEPTING MAJOR CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS ON THE BOAT--- NO ADVANCE TICKETING!